Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » How to register the license after Purchase (URGENT) Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Avti Seit Oct 27, 2010 - 1:53 AM

Hi there,

I have purchase the elegant ribbon 3.7.

Before this i was using evaluation edition. After purchase, as per your web guide.. i have tried the below steps to install the license, which doesnt work. Please help me.

1. Unintall existing evaluation version

2. install the new version which just downloaded.

3. in the code i have included the code below ( as reference from ms-help://ElegantRibbon/ElegantRibbon/docs/Licensing.htm )

[VB.NET]

Public Class MainForm

Shared Sub New()

Elegant.Ui.RibbonLicenser.LicenseKey = _

"XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

End Sub

End Class

4. But the pop up of evaluation is still showing.

Please help me as this is abit urgently required for me to use it.

Regards

AVTI

Technical Support Oct 27, 2010 - 6:16 AM

Thank you for your test project. The thing is that your project contains references to Elegant assemblies v.3.6 and at the same time you try to apply a key for v.3.7. Please try to update the references and let us know if the issue is gone.

Technical Support Oct 27, 2010 - 2:39 AM

Thank you for your choice. Please note that you should you apply the license key before the first use of the ribbon, which is very important. Check where your ribbon is created with the New keyword. It can be in InitializeComponent(). If so, make sure that Elegant.Ui.RibbonLicenser.LicenseKey = ... statement is called before InitializeComponent().

If it doesn’t help, please send a test project to us at support@prof-uis.com so that we can check what’s wrong.