Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Form repaint Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Tom Faris Aug 25, 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi,

There’s an issue I’ve noticed with the a form framed with FormFrameSkinner repainting on other windows. For instance, if I have my form open and Explorer in the background and I click the Explorer window to bring it to the front, my form will repaint on that explorer window on the portion that was covered by my form, and this won’t clear until the explorer window repaints (resize, minimize, hide, etc..). I’m inserting an image to more clearly describe it.. I’m not sure if this works.. 

I’ll  post a link to it also, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25au337&s=3. In this image explorer is actually in the foreground, you can see the form on the right-hand side - it shouldn’t be painted there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Technical Support Aug 26, 2009 - 8:19 AM

We will look into the problem and notify you about the results. Thank you.

Tom Faris Aug 25, 2009 - 12:48 PM

Whoops... link to the image is actually http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25au337&s=3#@lt;/p>

Technical Support Sep 10, 2009 - 3:31 AM

Thank you again for reporting the issue, Tom. The problem is that we fail to reproduce it. Here is what we used for testing:

- Windows XP SP2 and SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
- Elegant Ribbon samples (Elegant Ribbon UI, Ribbon MDI, Image Viewer and Style Composer).
- A newly -created application.

Could you help us reproduce the problem? Can the problem be repeated with our samples? Did you try to run your app on a different computer or a virtual pc to make sure the problem does not relate to your machine? Thank you.

Technical Support Sep 10, 2009 - 3:40 AM

The last thing is that we used v.3.2, which can be downloaded from our web site. We confirm that the problem may have occurred with earlier versions. With version 3.2 we cannot reproduce it. Could you check the version you are using?

Tom Faris Sep 16, 2009 - 4:59 PM

Thanks for the response.

I just tried and I was actually able to reproduce it with the Ribbon MDI sample, but ONLY if you have opened an MDI child window. If one isn’t open, it doesn’t work, and now I can confirm this same behavior in my application. Here’s a shot: tinypic.com/r/2m7ax77/3. Consequently you can see in the image that I’m still using 3.1. I’ll try the update as soon as I can. Also I have confirmed this on other machines (all running 32bit XP home or pro).

I didn’t manage to reproduce it with any other samples so maybe it’s localized to the MDI client control.

Thanks again!