Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Form automatically sets full-screen Collapse All
Subject Author Date
George Faraj Mar 26, 2007 - 9:58 AM

When I use the Ribbon control with CustomTitleBarEnabled set to true, my form is always set to be full-screen. If that property is false, then everything’s fine. Is there any way to change that behavior?

As a side note, is there plans to release an API reference for the Ribbon?

Thank,
George Faraj

Zaharia Octavian Sep 18, 2009 - 4:04 AM

My vista is Ultimate and the I do not know what SP is? I can reproduce the problem quite easy, just force the virtual PC and the problem is consistent meaning every time I maximize the window the full client screen is filled. I use VMware Workstation version 6.0.3 for managing the virtual machine

Technical Support Sep 18, 2009 - 4:30 AM

Sorry for not being clear. SP means a service pack. The current service pack for Vista is 2 (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx). Windows service packs fix the bugs and issues discovered from when an OS was released. Could you install SP 2 and see if the problem is gone? If not, can we connect to your desktop and fix the bug on the spot? In this case, we need Visual Studio 2005 on the virtual OS where the problem happens.

Technical Support Mar 27, 2007 - 3:40 AM

The Ribbon.CustomTitleBarEnabled property is set to true by default so there should not be any problems with it and our samples work OK. So we need more details about the problem so we can reproduce it.

We will add the full API reference in one of next 1.x versions.

George Faraj Mar 27, 2007 - 8:20 AM

This happens with the samples provided in the SDK too. I open the Ribbon UI sample from the Programs menu. It starts in a "restored down" state in the middle of my screen. When I click on the Maximize button, it goes fullscreen, i.e it hides the Windows taskbar.

My system is:
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2
Pentium D CPU 3.20 GHz
3.50 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Technical Support Mar 27, 2007 - 8:53 AM

Thank you for the complete description. Unfortunately, we failed to reproduce the problem on Windows XP SP2. The Ribbon UI sample is restored OK, without hiding the task bar. We can guess that there might be something specific to your machine so we would like to ask you to install Elegant Ribbon on another machine and let us know if the problem persists. This would allow us to localize the problem.

George Faraj Mar 27, 2007 - 9:01 AM

I’ve installed the Ribbon on a couple of other computers. The samples seem to work correctly on those. Running our application with the ribbon still goes full-screen in those, though. It seems to be one of those "on/off" bugs, but I have no idea what it could be.

Thanks.

Technical Support Mar 27, 2007 - 9:17 AM

Would you send us a simple test project that reproduces the problem so we can help you find out what’s wrong?

Zaharia Octavian Sep 14, 2009 - 7:35 AM

Do you found a solution for this problem? I am having the same problem but on Vista on a virtual machine. All projects, from the distribution and my own on maximize are full screen including windows task bar?

Technical Support Sep 14, 2009 - 9:24 AM

We fixed a similar problem in the past. At least, we are unaware of this problem in v.3.2. Could you let us know the following?

- Which version are you using?
- The DWM is off, correct?
- Any non-standard settings of the taskbar like when it is docked not to the bottom or the autohide is on?

Zaharia Octavian Sep 15, 2009 - 12:27 AM

The version is 3.2. The DWM is not active, I just turn it of from services and the window of the application still is full screen at maximize. The windows taskbar has the usual settings. One row, no auto hide. If I set the taskbar to tow rows the same happens? On windows XP sp2 I can not reproduce the problem. You can see some screen shots at the following links

"http://h.imagehost.org/0079/example_vista.jpg" the way how it looks. It is all the available screen area

"http://a.imagehost.org/0703/taskbar_settings.jpg" the settings page of the task bar

Zaharia Octavian Sep 18, 2009 - 3:42 AM

Do you have any suggestions regarding this issue? It is very important!!

Technical Support Sep 18, 2009 - 3:55 AM

Yes, we tested it on Virtual PC with Windows Vista SP1. We tested it for quite a lot of time and managed to reproduce the problem only twice. In other words, it takes quite an effort to get the ribbon app in full screen. On common Vistas with SP2 it does not happen. Could you let us know if you have the same? Is it difficult to reproduce? If the problem is easily reproducible on your side, we will look into it again.

Zaharia Octavian Mar 9, 2010 - 1:06 AM

Hi there! I am returning to this problem now because I have a situation on Windows 7 where the problem reappeared. It happens also on XP sp2 but only is an exception occurred in the application thread, but restarting the application fixes the problem. Do you have some information about way this is happening or what could cause it?

Regards,

Octavian

Technical Support Mar 11, 2010 - 7:31 AM

Does this problem appear constantly or from time to time? If we had any test project that illustrates this issue, we would definitely fix this immediately.