Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » ELEGANT RIBBON 4.0 generates errors Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Roberto Párraga Jan 29, 2011 - 9:34 AM

Hi, I installed version 4.0 of Elegant Ribbon, previously used version 3.8. The installation is successful, but by working with a program that includes components version 3.8 I generated the following errors: Unable to load the specified file ’Elegant.Ui.Common, Version=3.8.0.0, Culture neutral’.

and if I try to create a new application I generate the error: Unload the file ’Elegant.Ui.Common, Version=3.8.0.0, Culture neutral’.

Working with Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 Professional.

Roberto

Technical Support Jan 29, 2011 - 9:53 AM

Hi Roberto,

You should use either version 3.8 or 4.0 in your application. After you installed v.4.0, version 3.8 was uninstalled. Because your application still refers to v.3.8, you get that error. There are several approaches to resolve what you encountered:

1) Remove a reference to 3.8 and add a reference to 4.0.
2) Uninstall v.4.0, install v.3.8, and use v.3.8. You can also save the assemblies from this version somewhere so that when you uninstall v.3.8, you can still access them.
3) If you did not have a strong reference ( ’Elegant.Ui.Common, Culture neutral’ instead of ’Elegant.Ui.Common, Version=3.8.0.0, Culture neutral’), your application would use v.4.0 automatically.

Roberto Párraga Jan 29, 2011 - 9:37 AM

Despite loading assemblies manually Elegant Ribbon 4.0 References in the My Application button, descitos errors are generated above.

Roberto.

Jonathan Finger Feb 3, 2011 - 12:57 PM

I ran into this problem previously when upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8.  My references upgraded automatically but the toolbox controls do not.  You need to rightclick on the toolbox in visual studio and click choose items.  Under the .net framework components you will see all the elegant ribbon controls (I suggest sorting by assembly name or namespace).  You need to unselect all the 3.8 version and select all the 4.0 versions.

Jonathan