Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Disabling QAT Customization Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Samuel Shelton Nov 5, 2007 - 2:46 AM

Hi,

I want to disable customization of the Quick Access Toolbar (ie) I don’t want the dropdown that allows users to reposition the toolbar or add commands to it, how do I hide this feature. I want the QAT to display only the commands I add at design time.

Samuel

Technical Support Nov 6, 2007 - 8:07 AM

No, you cannot do this in the current version but we will support this feature in the next release, which is coming soon.

Samuel Shelton Nov 5, 2007 - 10:18 AM

That isn’t good enough for me, I don’t want the user to add or remove controls but still need to place some funtionality on the title bar. Is there a way I can overide teh QAT to disable this functionality alone ?

Technical Support Nov 5, 2007 - 10:15 AM

You can achieve this by overriding the ribbon’s CanControlBePlacedIntoQuickAccessToolbarFilter method. In this method you should return true only for your hard-coded QAT controls. Please note that user will still be able to remove these controls from QAT and add them again. The alternative solution can be to turn off the QAT at all.