Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Deployment problem when using Ribbon menu Collapse All
Subject Author Date
bryan kenneth Apr 16, 2009 - 4:47 PM

Hi,

I downloaded a trial version of the Elegant Ribbon menu. I did a test deployment of my VS2008 sample application (created using the vb.net setup wizard) to another machine and it crashed everytime. I tried it with 3 different machines. However if I remove the Ribbon menu, theapplication works when deployed to another machine.  We’d like to purchase this but we have to make sure first that it deploys with no problem. Please help.

Bryan

Technical Support Apr 23, 2009 - 5:52 AM

In your recent post you mentioned that you’d included the Elegant.Ui.Common.dll and Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.dll assemblies in the setup. But it is not enough. The ribbon control always use one of the following themes: Office2007Blue(default), Office2007Back, Office2007Silver or System. This means that you must supply at least one group of resource assemblies with your installation(for instance, Elegant.Ui.Common.Theme.Office2007Blue.dll and Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.Theme.Office2007Blue.dll if you use only Blue theme). You can find them all in the Elegant Ui installation folder. If you have any further questions with this, do not hesitate to contact us.

Michael Dausmann Apr 19, 2009 - 5:10 AM

Hi Bryan

Well clearly there is something in the ribbon installation that is not in your application installation.  I apologise for my stoopidity but I cant determine what this mysterious missing component is.. hint..  it will be something layed down by the elegant ribbon installation ;/

wtf is with this forum anyway?  is there nobody else using this component that can add to this thread in a more convincing way and/or answer my question below?

Michael

Technical Support Apr 17, 2009 - 9:21 AM

Thank you for your interest Elegant Ribbon. Could you provide us with more detailes (the exception message, a screen shot, call stack) so we could help you out. Besides please make sure that you included theme assemblies in the deployment package(Elegant.Ui.Common.Theme.XXX.dll, Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.Theme.XXX.dll) for all the themes that you are using.

Michael Dausmann Apr 16, 2009 - 8:55 PM
Michael Dausmann Apr 16, 2009 - 8:52 PM

Hi Bryan

Firstly, does the Setup Crash or the deployed application?

Assuming it is the latter,perhaps you are not including all of the requisite DLL’s in your setup package.  I am only a new user also but I do know that if you use the FormFrameSkinner and visual themes, each of the themes is compiled into dll’s.  you may need to include these manually in the Setup.

Michael

bryan kenneth Apr 16, 2009 - 9:12 PM

The Setup has included the Elegant.Ui.Common.dll and Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.dll. I use FormFrameSkinner but no visual themes.

Bert

bryan kenneth Apr 16, 2009 - 9:08 PM

Hi,

The deployed application crashed, not the setup. The problem, however, disappeared after I installed the Elegant Ribbon component in each workstation (although no VS installed).  I know I only have the trial version but will this also apply to the "purchased" version?

Thanks

Bryan