Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » DataBindingSample, VistaButtons fails drawing Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Victor Birin Jun 8, 2008 - 2:21 PM

Hello,

I found in samples folder DataBindingSample project where you showed the custom skinning for buttons:

I found there three navigation buttons:

VistaNextButton
VistaPreviosButton
VistaSlideShowButton

I tried to compile and run the application and it looks very good.
Then I tried to add dinamic theme changing by calling:

SkinManager.LoadEmbeddedTheme(scheme);

And the vista buttons failed to draw itself.

Could you please provide an example how correct apply custom skin to the button after
EmbeddedTheme loaded dynamically?

Victor Birin Jun 10, 2008 - 1:10 PM

I would be very appreciate if you can send it to me now because I already spent a couple of days for investigation.

Victor Birin Jun 10, 2008 - 11:40 AM

Any comments??

Technical Support Jun 10, 2008 - 12:50 PM

We have refactored the skinning subsystem so you should not experience this problem with next version (3.1) we plan to release early next week. That means you don’t need to change your code. Anyway, if this issue is urgent, we can send the 3.1 beta assemblies to you.

Victor Birin Jun 11, 2008 - 4:44 AM

Guys?

Will you send the beta assemblies for testing today?

Technical Support Jun 11, 2008 - 10:02 AM

Sent.

Victor Birin Jun 11, 2008 - 12:40 PM

Thank you for sending me fresh copy of assemblies, I applied it but no results.
I see there is slightly changed methods signatures, but graphics after reloading theme is still wrong.
I did some investigations and discovered, that after theme is reloaded during runtime, the vista buttons change their skin and using the same skin instance for all buttons, which causes all three buttons display the same picture, in my cause it is "next" image

How can I attach the sample project for you to see the results?

Technical Support Jun 11, 2008 - 2:04 PM

Please the project to support@prof-uis.com. Thank you.

Victor Birin Jun 13, 2008 - 6:13 AM

Hello,

Any news?
I’ve sent you an archive with test project yesterday, where vista buttons drawing fails.
Also I want to aks you if there is possibility to change vistabutton images when color schema changed?
You proided only images for blue schema but i want to replace them dynamically when color schema changed.

Victor

Victor Birin Jun 13, 2008 - 8:10 AM

Hello,

Email with fixed project received, excellent work, guys.
I am imressed :)

Thank you very much!

Victor Birin Jun 13, 2008 - 10:00 AM

Only one small bug.

In your solution visual form designer gives an error "Skin manager not found for Vista"
How to fix it?

Technical Support Jun 14, 2008 - 3:12 AM

It can occur when you haven’t added the product “Vista” to the SkinManager before using it. Take a look at the static constructor of the MainForm in the project that we sent to you. There you’ll find something like that:

static MainForm()
{
     SkinManager.AddProduct("Vista");
}
This is what’s new since that version and it should resolve the problem. It makes your glyphs to be stored in a separate section that won’t be cleared when you change themes for “Common”, “Ribbon” or “Grid” components.

Victor Birin Jun 14, 2008 - 4:47 AM

I used your solution you send me. It works fine when compiled, but fails open designer.
The same poblem in my solution also.
Try open designer of MainForm from your test solution.

Technical Support Jun 19, 2008 - 8:36 AM

We have just sent a fix to you by email. Thank you.

Victor Birin Jun 21, 2008 - 6:25 AM

Hello,

Many thanks for this, but it seems that my version of libraries does not contains new functionality you are using in your sample.
Could you please update me with fresh libraries too?

Thaks,
Victor

Victor Birin Jun 10, 2008 - 1:12 PM

I would be very appreciate if you can send it to me now because I already spent a couple of days for investigation.