Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Calendar Control Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Malcynn Maf Nov 20, 2011 - 11:47 AM

Language Visual Basic 2008 .net  ---  OS: Windows XP/7

Elegant Ribbon - Calendar Control

We are using the trial edition to see if the Calendar Control will work for our application.  I trying to see if I can color code certain days (Holidays - Red, Busy Days - Yellow, Locked Days - Blue - these dates are not ranged but scattered throught the calendar year).  In the calendar control that comes with visual studio it does not allow you to change the background for that particular day, will your controll allow that.  I have tried using the daystyles but have failed to make it happen. Do you have any samples or further documentation other then the one page listed under featured articles?

Technical Support Nov 21, 2011 - 1:17 PM

You can look at the Controls Sample which comes with the Elegant UI distributive. On the Calendar demo page you will find "Custom Painting Demo" button which starts the demo illustrating overdrawing of each calendar day in a certain way. This feature is available through a Calendar.DrawDay event and a Calendar.UseCustomDayDrawing property. You can look at the sample implementation in the CaledarPage.cs file of the Controls Sample project.