Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » C++ / CLI .net and ribbon gui Collapse All
Subject Author Date
serdar Osmanagaoglu Nov 8, 2007 - 9:44 AM

Hello everybody;

I am a senior software engineer .I decided to use ribbon gui in my next project. Unfortunately i neeed it to support C++ /CLI .net because i both use c# and C++/CLI .net on my projects.Is there a support for C++ /CLI .net .if there is not ,do you think to add such a support. C++/CLI .net is commonly used and It is the perfect way to add .net support to previous codes in C++.So I think there should be such a support.Moreover, since managed .dll is ready it is a matter of producing some .h files ...Will you add such a support in near future?

Thanks;

Proel TSI Software Mar 4, 2015 - 5:54 AM

Hi, sorry for my English.

We are using Elegant Ribbon in an MFC Document / View Model. The Ribbon is inside an Docking Toolbar hooked to the top of the MainFrame. The Docking contains a CWinFormsView hosting the Ribbon.

Is this use correct or exist another way to implement the ribbon using c++/cli? Can I find examples?

Thanks

Technical Support Nov 8, 2007 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for your interest in Elegant Ribbon. All components in Elegant Ribbon are written in 100% CLS-compatible code and can be used from any .NET language like C#, VB.NET, C++/CLI or IronPython. To use Elegant Ribbon with C++/CLI, you do not need any header files because all type information will be available through CLR metadata. That means you just need to add references to the Elegant Ribbon assemblies in your C++/CLI project.