Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Buttons on popup - fixed Informativeness Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Brandon Frye Oct 8, 2008 - 1:20 PM

I am adding buttons to a popup at runtime (baseds on available items in a collection). I want to include the name of an item, as well as a brief description about the item. Here is my code (roughly...)

Elegant.Ui.Button button = new Elegant.Ui.Button()

button.Text = "Text";

button.DescriptionText = "description";

button.DefaultSmallImage = Properties.Resources.FilterChainSmall;

button.DefaultLargeImage = Properties.Resources.FilterChainLarge;

m_filterChainPopup.Items.Add(button);

button.InformativenessFixedLevel = "Elegant.Ui.ApplicationMenuButtonInformativenessLevel:LargeWithDescription";

However - the fixed informative level does not stick. button.InformativeNess is null... I have a workaround - I attach tot eh event IsPopupOpenChanged and do the work there. But there is a noticeable flash as they change. I tried IsPopupOpenChanging but that has no effect either. I have also tried setting the informativeness before adding it to the items collection. Please help!

Brandon

Technical Support Oct 14, 2008 - 4:49 AM

The informativeness types depend on context where a particular control is used. In your code snippet you are using a button that is supposed to be placed in the application menu. But it seems that you mean a popup menu here. So, just replace

button.InformativenessFixedLevel = "Elegant.Ui.ApplicationMenuButtonInformativenessLevel:LargeWithDescription";
with
button.InformativenessFixedLevel = "Elegant.Ui.PopupMenuButtonInformativenessLevel:LargeWithDescription";