Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Add ToggleButton Runtime on a StatusBarPanel Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Marco Olimpi May 13, 2009 - 4:01 PM

Hi,

It is possilbe to add/remove into a StatusBarPanel a ToogleButton? Now i use this feature on the .Net  StarusStrip Control, with this code:

ToolStripStatusLabel Label1 = new ToolStripStatusLabel();

Label1.Text = "Hello World";

statusStrip1.Items.Add(Label1);

Thanks

Zaharia Octavian Jul 6, 2009 - 8:33 AM

Ok then,

But I have a user control that contains a zoom functionality. I place the control in a StatusBarPane in the StatusbarControlsArea but at run time the control is not visible? You can try it! The user control is similar with the zoom control in the Internet Explorer located in the status bar.

The control consists on a toolbar with a single split button. the control and the toolbar back color is set to Transparent. In design time I can see the control but at run time the control is invisible. The StatusBarPane width has updated because of the width of my control.

A picture ilustrating the situation I have

If the picture is not visible then give me an email address to send it to you!

Best regards!

Zaharia Octavian Jul 6, 2009 - 2:59 AM

Hi there!

Is there a solution to add a custom control to the status bar? or a zoom control is implemented in the .NET distribution that I can position on a status bar?

Technical Support Jul 6, 2009 - 6:12 AM

Yes, you can add a custom control to the status bar. The StatusBar control can have two containers inside: StatusBarNotificationsArea, which is located on the left, and StatusBarControlsArea, on the right. Each of these two containers can have multiple StatusBarPane controls inside. StatusBarPane is used for groupping related user controls and it is the only way to put them inside the status bar. You can add custom controls to the status bar just as standard ones. For more detailes on how to use the StatusBar control, please look at the ’Status Bar’ page in the Controls Sample.

Technical Support May 14, 2009 - 12:44 PM

It is really easy. Take look at the Controls Sample (with source code), that is part of the Elegant UI distribution package. Run the sample and click Status Bar button on the left and see how you can add to/remove different kinds of controls from the status bar.