Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » About the next release Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Imgen Wakin Dec 9, 2009 - 10:19 PM

I’m pretty satisfied with the current v3.3 release features with a office 2010 like theme. But I’m also look forward to next release. Hopefully it will have a office 2010 like backstage view control and a floating mini toolbar will be a bonus. Are the two features included? And when will you guys release the next version? One month later? Or two. No need to be specific, but the approximate date. Please give a quick answer so I can decide whether wait for your implementation in next version or just implement by myself.

Technical Support Dec 10, 2009 - 6:14 AM

Thank you for the feature request. The next version, v.3.4, is scheduled for release later in December. Unfortunately it doesn’t contain these features. But the backstage view is scheduled for release in February 2010. We hope its beta will be released earlier. As for the floating mini toolbar, we plan to add it a bit later. We have a list of features that we plan to add including but not limited to dockable panels and tabbed MDI so it is not always obvious which feature should go first.

Imgen Wakin Dec 11, 2009 - 7:28 AM

Thank you for your quick response. Call me crazy, but I want to know what new features you are adding or changes you’re making to the v3.4 release compare to v3.3? I’m sorry that I’m so impatient.

Technical Support Dec 11, 2009 - 3:16 PM

The features include a new Windows 7 theme for the ribbon, masked edit, better performance, configurable collapse order for ribbon groups, bug fixes and more. We plan to release it next week.

Imgen Wakin Dec 11, 2009 - 8:28 PM

That’s good. I can’t wait to try it out. Esp the better performance. I can’t wait to try it out.

Imgen Wakin Dec 9, 2009 - 10:20 PM

I know the backstage view is a non trivial task so I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.