Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » Events OnGbwAnalyzeCellKeyEvent and OnGbwAnalyzeCellSysKeyEvent aren't works. Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Nachman Israel Dec 22, 2008 - 8:57 AM

Hi,

I want to handle keypresses in your grid control. I added two virtual functions OnGbwAnalyzeCellKeyEvent and OnGbwAnalyzeCellSysKeyEvent to the class derived from CExtPPVW<CExtGridWnd>. However in debug mode I did not hit to these functions. Ie Keystrokes are not processed. Perhaps in the control you need to install some flags. Can you give some working samples in which processed pressed?

Regards, Michael Kanzieper

Technical Support Dec 23, 2008 - 9:10 AM

First of all, this forum is related to the Elegant Grid control written in C# rather than to the CExtGridWnd C++ class in Prof-UIS library. Please post your Prof-UIS related messages to Prof-UIS forums.

The OnGbwAnalyzeCellKeyEvent() and OnGbwAnalyzeCellSysKeyEvent() virtual methods are invoked if the grid window is focused because all the WM_KEY*** messages are sent by Windows to the single focused window on the desktop only. Please also ensure your grid control uses any __EGBS_SFB_*** or __EGBS_SFM_*** selection model but not the __EGBS_SFB_NONE model.