Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » Elegant Grid Source Code Redistributable Collapse All
Subject Author Date
CARLOS HERNANDEZ Oct 17, 2007 - 3:03 PM

I have modified the code of the TextCell and I have compiled the code of the "ElegantGrid", it generates me the file Elegant.Grid.dll, simply substitution the new file compiled by the previous one, but when trying to use the ElegantGrid the TextCell doesn’t modify.
Not you if it should assemble the file Elegant.Grid.dll or simply to substitute it. If one has to assemble, could I explain as making it?

Technical Support Oct 18, 2007 - 4:26 AM

We are not completely sure what the problem is but if you compiled Elegant Grid successfully and cannot see any changes in your modified TextCell then you may have forgotten to install your new assembly to GAC (global assembly cache). If it is the case, use gacutil.exe (it comes with Visual Studio) in the following way:

gacutil.exe /i Elegant.Grid.dll
This procedure guarantees that you are using the proper assembly. Please however note that you can modify the source code on your own risk because we do not provide any support for such changes but rather the source code is provided for maintenance purposes.

CARLOS HERNANDEZ Oct 18, 2007 - 10:51 AM

I agree, the problem is that I need that in a cell there are a button and an editbox together, something similar to a combobox but when giving click in the button I appear a dialog.
thank you

CARLOS HERNANDEZ Oct 18, 2007 - 3:05 PM

thanks, my solution is TextCellStyle