Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Grid Tech Support » Elegant grid does not seem to work in my app Collapse All
Subject Author Date
anwar basha Oct 3, 2006 - 12:37 AM

Hello,

I have a vb.net datagrid , below which i have added elegantgrid, no i have a dataset which is loaded from a webservice, this dataset example ds
bids to the vb.net datagid with the following statement
DataGridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)

now i have added a statement to bind to elegant grid
Me.BoundGridControl1.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)

please note the table name in the dataset is account_COA, when i run the application with just the vb.net datagrid it works fine an the datagrid gets populated, but when i run the app with boundgridcontrol it throws an exception
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional information: Child list for field 0 cannot be created.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
can you please tell me what i am doing wrong here.

regards
Anwar

Technical Support Oct 3, 2006 - 2:31 AM

The exception you provided may or may not be generated by the Elegant Grid. Having only one string, it’s hardly possible to find out what’s wrong. Would you send us (at support@prof-uis.com) the VS project that demonstrates the problem or at least the complete exception information including the stack trace, line numbers, assembly names, inner exceptions, and etc.?