Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Ribbon Group changing order between design and run time Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Russell Phillips Dec 5, 2010 - 3:26 PM

Hey everyone,

I’ve been having trouble re-ordering the ribbon groups in v3.7 It seems that if I place a table layout panel (Windows.Forms.TableLayoutPanel) inside a ribbon group (Elegant.UI.RibbonGroup), it becomes the leftmost group at runtime regardless of how it is ordered at design time.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Russell Phillips Dec 13, 2010 - 4:07 PM

I have just upgraded elegant Ribbon from v2.7 to v2.8, and this bug seems to have been fixed.

Russell Phillips Dec 7, 2010 - 5:32 PM

II’ve looked into it further, and there was one vital piece missing: The tab had to be disabled during Form_Load, and then re-enabled at runtime. When this occurs, the RibbonGroup controls change their ordering. The trend appears that the controls containing a TableLayoutPanel move leftmost.

I’ve emailed support a VS2010 project that demonstrates the bug.

Technical Support Dec 7, 2010 - 6:02 AM

We failed to reproduce this issue. Could you send us a sample project? Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

Russell Phillips Dec 7, 2010 - 5:38 PM

It seems the email attachment bounces.

Download the example from here: http://planetexpress.homelinux.com/~russell/RibbonTest.zip