Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Extremely slow designer view Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Anthony Casagrande Jul 22, 2010 - 3:04 PM

Hey,

I am using version 3.7 of Elegant Ribbon, and Visual Studio 2008 (C#) on Vista 32bit. As i start adding controls to the ribbon my designer view starts getting slower and slower to the point where it takes forever to open and forever to move/add new items. The biggest place i notice this is the status bar. As i start adding labels to the status bar the designer mode gets less and less responsive to the point it crashes when i try and add any more labels. And that happens at around 5-7 labels on the status bar. Most of the projects I am working on, the designer view is getting to the point it is unusable.

Is there any sort of tips and tricks to keeping the designer mode working smoothly? Some of your samples are more advanced than the stuff i am creating, so i dont exactly see what it is causing it to slow down so bad. My computer is a decently fast quad core, so im pretty sure thats not the problem.

Thanks,
Anthony

Technical Support Jul 23, 2010 - 9:26 AM

Please, download the new version from here: http://www.prof-uis.com/download/ElegantRibbonSetup-v.3.7.0.exe

Technical Support Jul 23, 2010 - 2:59 AM

Thank you for reporting this issue. The designer is slow when adding status bar’s labels. We need 1 day to fix this issue.