Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Controls allowed in Backstage View Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Eric Reiner Jul 23, 2010 - 11:28 AM

It seems that the standard windows controls will not work in the backstage view.  I have tried button and gridview and neither show   I have also tried using the Elegant Grid and that also does not display.  I tried putting an Elegant UI panel in the Backstage view and then put the controls into that but it also does not work.  Is there a trick or somthing that I am missing to get more then buttons and labels to work in teh backstage view?  If this is "just how it works" is there a published list of what controls will work so I can plan my UI around that?

What I was trying to do is in my main window of the application, the ribbon is on top, status bar on bottom and the body is a docked (full) panel.  Based on selections in the ribbon, I load a user control and put it into the panel.  Once of the controls has has the Backstage view as it’s contents and that is where I am trying to show a grid on the left pane and have related data on the right side.

Thanks

Eric

Marius Ingjer Oct 4, 2010 - 12:48 AM

We are currently considering using the BackstageView for our application, but a rendering bug is currently stopping us from moving forward. If you use the aforementioned solution for hosting custom controls (SetStyleEx), you get a nasty flickering effect when switching between two views. The bug can be easily reproduced: Create a BackStageView, set the style, add two pages, name the first one "ab" and the other one "Looooooooong text", then try to switch between the two pages.

Please let me know if you are going to fix this.

Technical Support Oct 4, 2010 - 1:47 PM

Thank you for reporting the problem. We have just fixed it. The fix will be available in version 3.8, which is coming soon.

Technical Support Jul 30, 2010 - 12:19 PM

Please, download the updated version of Elegant Ui from our web-site. The Backstage View now supports standard controls. By default, this feature is turned off by performance reasons, you can enable it by adding one lien of code as follows:

public MainForm()
{
InitializeComponent();
backstageView1.SetStyleEx(ControlStylesEx.ChildrenUseHandle, true);
}

Please, let us know if you have any questions.

Technical Support Jul 26, 2010 - 10:54 AM

The controls you meant are not supported inside the Backstage View at the moment. The good news: we are going to implement them this week. The first verson should appear at Thursday. We will let you know when the new version is available so you could use it.