Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Can't see control in toolbox with VC# Express 2008 Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Lionel Keene Nov 18, 2009 - 2:02 PM

Hello all,

I’ve just downloaded an evaluation version of Elegant Ribbon. After installing it, I can see the Ribbon Controls in the Toolbox of Visual Studio Pro 2008, but I also have a copy of Visual C# Express 2008 and the Ribbon controls do not show up in the toolbox there. How do I get the tools in C# Express? Thanks in advance.

-L

Lionel Keene Nov 19, 2009 - 9:40 AM

Great! Thank you.

Technical Support Nov 19, 2009 - 4:08 AM

We use a standard way to integrate our components with the Toolbox using a toolbox provider. Apparently the Visual C# Express doesn’t support it. But you can add items manually to the toolbox as it is described below.

First of all, add references to Elegant.Ui.RIbbon and Elegant.Ui.Common to your project (select the dlls from the location where the Elegant Ui is installed on your computer). Then open a form to show the Toolbox, right-click on it to invoke a context menu and select Choose items. Navigate to Elegant.Ui.Common.dll and Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.dll from the installation directory. After that all the Elegant Ui components should appear in the toolbox list.