Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » Backstage View: How to implement feature like "Save and Send" in the MS Office Word 2010 Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Jameel Iqbal Oct 23, 2010 - 7:32 AM

Hi,

I have been evaluating your ribbon control and have found it quite useful.

There is one feature I am looking for. If you look in ms word 2010’s Backstage view, there is an option "Save and Send". When you click it, it show a sub-menu like option. In the "sub-menu" say if you click "Send using Email", it shows more options.

I want to implement similar feature using elegant ribbon.

Here is what I tried. I added backstageview in the page in which i wanted this option. But it doesn’t show up in the page at runtime. Then I checked your forums and found this function:

backstageView1.SetStyleEx(ControlStylesEx.ChildrenUseHandle, true);

But, even that did not help.

Please advise how to implement this feature.

Regards,

JAMEEL IQBAL

Technical Support Oct 27, 2010 - 8:39 AM

We haven’t yet decided about this feature. That and the date of releasing v.3.9 will be known after releasing v.3.8.

Jameel Iqbal Oct 25, 2010 - 10:49 PM

I have done the following

- There is one BackStageView (BSV) associated with the Application button.
- Other BSVs are embeded within the pages where they are required

By default, the child BSV wont show up when a page in the Main BSV is clicked. To make them show up, I call the "Show()" method for the child BSV. It then appears as expected.

I am glad you are working on the feature. I am not completely happy with above work-around and would be pleased to see this feature in the next release. When do you expect to release the version 3.9?

Technical Support Oct 25, 2010 - 1:05 AM

The feature you are requesting is implemented yet. The Backstage View self aggregation is not supported either. Alternatively you can place a navigation bar to the left of the backstage view page and leave the rest of the page for panels. You should switch panels when the user clicks buttons in the navigation. Take a look at the Controls demo to see how the navigation bar works. We will consider supporting this feature in the future 3.9 version. If you experience any problems implementing what we are suggesting, just let us know.