Professional UI Solutions
Site Map   /  Register

Forum

Please Log In to post a new message or reply to an existing one. If you are not registered, please register.

NOTE: Some forums may be read-only if you are not currently subscribed to our technical support services.

Forums » Elegant Ribbon Tech Support » TabPage Enter/Leave events not firing? Collapse All
Subject Author Date
Lionel Keene Dec 31, 2009 - 2:20 PM

Hello,

I need to execute some code when the user enters and leaves a particular tab page of the ribbon. I’m handling the "Enter" and "Leave" events for the tab page in question, but the code in the event handler is never run. Is this a bug or a misunderstanding on my part? Thank you.

Technical Support Jan 2, 2010 - 4:28 AM

Actually, the Enter and Leave events are not raised by a ribbon tab page because it never actually contains focus(even when the child text box has focus). Can you elaborate on what you mean by the user enters and leaves a particular tab page of the ribbon?

Lionel Keene Jan 2, 2010 - 7:54 AM

I see.

What I need to do is this: when the user switches to a different tab page, I need to know what the new tab page is the user is changing to and what tab page the user is changing from. If the "Enter" and "Leave" events aren’t of any use here, then I guess I’ll have to keep a couple of tab page handlers pointing to the current/new tab pages and update them using the ribbon’s TabPageChanged event, or something similar.

-L

Technical Support Jan 3, 2010 - 8:33 AM

We are working on a new version of Elegant Ribbon, 3.5. It introduces a new event Ribbon.CurrentTabPageChanging which is definitely what you need right now. It will be released in the first half of January. So please stay tuned.

Lionel Keene Dec 31, 2009 - 2:24 PM

Forgot to mention this is in the latest release (v3.4).